The following precautions remain in place indefinitely.
Dear patients and friends,
We hope this note finds you and your family in good health! We have missed you! We are so excited to let you know about the extraordinary steps Ocean Dental is taking for all dental care appointments.
Since opening our doors in 2009, we have always adhered to the most stringent state and federal infection control guidelines. We are currently taking extra measures to protect you, your family, and our team. The following are just some of the changes you will notice during your next visit.
When You Arrive
- To eliminate waiting room time, please stay in your car and call us to let us know you have arrived. We will call you back when we are ready to meet you at the front door. The American Dental Association is recommending that visitors, such as your spouse or children, not enter the office.
- Please wear a mask before entering the office. Our team will be wearing masks at all times. We will greet you and take your temperature, ask for you to sanitize or wash your hands, and ask you to fill out a Covid questionnaire at each appointment.
During Your Dental Appointment
- You will be escorted to your disinfected treatment room.
- All contact surfaces and every touchpoint will be disinfected before and after your appointment.
- We are wearing extensive protective gear including caps, gowns, face shields, and N95 masks.
- We have invested in special “whole office” surgical air purification units. The Surgically Clean Air™ units exceed the guidelines for hospital operating room environments. The units filter and sterilize the air, removing all infectious airborne particles including viruses and bacteria. (Follow the links at the bottom for more information.)
- All clinicians are additionally using new chairside high-volume suction devices. The Octodent Systems™ continually collect the aerosols generated during all dental procedures, including cleanings. (Follow the links at the bottom for more information.)
- Appointments are now staggered and extended to give us extra time for our enhanced disinfection protocols.
- During our closure in April and May, our team ran simulations and carried out walkthroughs for a typical patient appointment. We identified and modified potential interactions we had with each other as well as with our patients.
I hope that my team’s commitment assures you that we are keeping you safe at our office during COVID-19 and then when COVID-19 is in our rearview mirror. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep everyone safe at our practice. To make an appointment, please call the office at 843-342-6677 or email us. We continue to offer virtual consultations if you prefer.
Thank you for being our patient! We value your trust and look forward to seeing you!
Dr. Elizabeth Sugg and the Entire Ocean Dental Team
P.S. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook for updates!